If you are a complete beginner or have not sailed in several years and would like an in-depth review or contribute as a crew member our Basic Keelboat sailing course is what you want. This course will enable you to obtain the theory and practical skill needed. You will learn safety, rules of the road, maneuvering under power, sail management, and sail trim, maneuvering under sail, anchoring, docking, knots, and applications, dealing with emergencies such as man overboard. This course is two full days (14 to 16 hours) on the water.
None, this is an introductory learn-to-sail course
- Aids to Navigation
- Proper Use of Deck Hardware & Safety Equipment
- Sail deployment and proper stowing
- Man Overboard (MOB) recovery
- VHF communications
- Anchoring and Mooring
- Coping with emergencies
- Tuition: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic all courses are now private.
- Call for special discounted pricing.
- 50% deposit at enrollment.
- Full payment due 30 days before scheduled class.
- Class size is limited to four students.
- Call for special pricing to hold this class on your boat.